STAR VENDOR: BLISS EVENTS, LTD.
ansley, the president and event director of bliss events ltd., was another amazing vendor with whom i worked on my first photo shoot, before glitter & grit opened. i was just blown away by the vision put into that project, and ansley was an absolute delight to work with. she's a star vendor because i could tell how much thought and care she put into that little project, where we were each our only clients; i can only image how hard she'll work for you! below is a little from the lady herself:
when did you enter the wedding industry? what made you want to do so?
– I entered the wedding industry in 2007 when I began working at Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens. I had experience with corporate planning, but when I came to Phipps I fell “IN LOVE” with planning weddings! Two years later, I launched Bliss Events Ltd. and never looked back!
what was your most glittering moment in your business?
– That’s a really hard question…… I’ve had so many moments that really made me feel proud of all the hard work I put into each event! Every bride I work with is incredibly special to me. I feel all “glittery” inside when on their wedding day I see them insanely happy ~ filled with joy & love. That’s so gratifying, more than I could ever explain!
what's your grit? what sets you apart?
– I would have to say my grit is that I don’t have any rules for my clients when it comes to their style. It’s their wedding and I help them through the entire planning process, backing them and “their dream and vision”! Why not have fun; it’s your wedding!!!
what is your favorite part of what you do?
– One of my most favorite parts of working with my clients would be having fun with them while we are working. I want them to ENJOY their engagement and the planning stage, and not stress! This is one of the most memorable times of their lives and they should enjoy every second of it!
please share a most memorable moment in your adventures in the industry.
– That would hands down be planning an entire wedding in only 7 ½ weeks from start to finish. The bride didn’t even have her dress, venue, anything… There wasn’t time to blink, just act and pull her vision together! This was over 2 years ago, and we still keep in touch with each other. It’s strange to think that in a short 7 ½ weeks that you can pull together an entire wedding and create a friendship along the way.
please describe your ideal client, i.e. who will love you, what's your style/niche?
– I love to never have a wedding be like any other. They are all unique in their own way and I embrace the different personalities and styles that my clients posses.
established: January 2009
price range: $2,000 - $20,000
inclusions or options: custom packages are available
Location / travel boundaries: Bliss Events is based in Pittsburgh, PA. We have coordinated events in destination cities in the US, and coming soon, Bliss Events will be a destination specialist for weddings in Italy.